Friday, July 13, 2012

Holocaust Museum and other adventures

We started off our day today at the Holocaust Museum. Very sobering to say the least.
The gift shop had a number of books and videos about our brothers and sisters during the holocaust. I only took a couple of pictures of the outside and lobby. No photography was allowed inside. There were a few blurbs about the Witnesses and a display of Brother Johann Stossier's small bible that he had in the concentration camp. There was also a display about the different symbols with the purple triangle included. One of the many videos that played throughout the museum talked about the roundup of witnesses and mentioned the Kusserow family. although we've read these accounts before, it still stung and pained us to remember the attrocities. However, the display also mentioned our brothers and sisters loyalty and faith.
We lightened the rest of the day by visiting the aquarium and Union Station. We had lunch in the food court of the Reagan Building. It was an awesome find since it was hot and muggy out and the building wasn't crowded. They have a mall style food court in the basement level. Subway! Yumm! After lunch we went to the national aquarium across the street. As I was looking at the engraving on the building I walked over the edge of the granite steps leading off the front of the Reagan Bldg. ugh! I rolled my ankle but it seems to be fine. It was probably hilarious to see me tumble down the steps!! Amazingly I didn't fall on my face. I missed the opportunity to throw my hands up and say "Ta Da!!". Oh well...
So much to do and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment